Mobile March 2011 has come to a close, and here are a few of my observations and favorite quotes from the event!
- â€œTexting is the gateway drug to mobile application use.â€ -Â Jack Philbin, Mobile Marketing Association, Vibes Media
- â€œSocial and mobile work better together.â€ -Â Jack Philbin, Mobile Marketing Association, Vibes Media
- Need proof of how well social and mobile work together? #mmtc11 was the top trending event in MinneapolisÂ before the keynote was even halfway done!
- â€œDeveloping N apps for N platforms doesnâ€™t scale.â€ -Â Mark Nutter. Great argument for developing for the mobile web versus mobile apps.
- Whatâ€™s working today in mobile marketing? Discounts/Coupons, News Alerts, and Customer Service.
- Mobile needs to be special. Average is not good enough to create a positive experience for the consumer.
- Linking a QR code back to your standard web site is a â€œkindergarten mistakeâ€
- 150 million facebook mobile users account for twice as much usage as non-mobile users. -Â Peter Pascale
- Development environments for Window Phone 7 and iOS seem to be much more advanced and easy to use than Android.
- Twitter FTW! After the first session, I literally stopped taking notes and focused on tweeting. Not only was I able to converse with other attendees in-session, but I have a searchable record of all of our observations in the cloud (In fact, I used it to compile this list).
Overall, this was a great conference, and one that I definitely plan on attending again!